: El Salvador
Appetizers & Snacks
Quick And Simple
- 1 can or doy pack of Mama Lycha refried beans
- 1 ripe plantain
- ½ cup sugar
- Place the plantain in a pot until it is well cooked and use a fork to mash it into a dough.
- Use that dough to form a "tortilla" and inside it, add the refried beans. Close the tortilla and give it the half-moon shape typical of empanadas.
- Fry the empanadas until golden brown on both sides.
- In a plate add the cup of sugar, making sure that the plate is completely covered by it.
- Remove the empanadas from the pan and dip them in the sugar. They should be coated on both sides.
If you want to speed up the cooking process of the plantain, you can do it by microwaving it for 3 minutes or placing it in a pan covered in aluminum